Why join AMT?
Join the national organisation that helps towns like yours
The United Kingdom’s small towns are not just part of our heritage, their vitality is part of the future for the millions of people who live in and around them.
Every town faces different problems and seeks to seize different opportunities. But it can be a lonely experience trying to effect change and develop projects in a small town.
This is where AMT Towns Alive comes in
Hundreds of towns are already members, benefiting from AMT Towns Alive services and expertise, and sharing information and experience with other towns in this national network. Here are just a few of the things we do that could help your community.
Click on the orange links below to visit that area of the website.
- CASE STUDIES DATABASE: Our library of over 400 case studies is highly valued by members. It provides details of practical, replicable town improvement projects and includes the winners of our national Towns Alive Awards.
- TOWNS ALIVE CASE STUDY BUNDLES: Bringing together 7 or more case studies on a given topic in a handy pdf download, our case study bundles are £50 for non-members but FREE for members. Current topics include Cinemas and Festivals & Events.
- TOWNS ALIVE EVENTS: Meet delegates from other towns and learn about successful projects and town improvement schemes at AMT Towns Alive events to benefit your own community. Members enjoy substantial discounts!
- TOWNS ALIVE CONFERENCE: You won’t want to miss out on the towns event of the year which takes place in the autumn. In 2013, our hosts were Congleton and the towns of Cheshire East. If your town is interested in playing host in 2014 contact Anne Buchanan on 01633 411 732 or by email here. Members again benefit from a significant discount and only AMT Towns Alive members and conference delegates have access to the online conference presentations.
- TOWNS ALIVE SERVICES: Whether you need help with a Neighbourhood Plan, community engagement, town benchmarking or just want a general MOT to work out where you are and where you need to go next, AMT Towns Alive can help – and don’t forget you would be entitled to a member discount!
- MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY: Giving you access to the contacts of all our member towns and a place to share information about your town and organisation.
- POLICY ANALYSIS: Most members tell us our policy analysis gives them knowledge they would not be able to find from any other source. Some of this analysis is only available to members.
- INSIGHT: Your monthly, in-depth e-magazine of key news, funding alerts and issues relating to towns which includes member-only resources.
- TOWNS ALIVE NATIONAL AWARDS: A chance for towns to shout about the great work they’re doing, and to see it recognised, celebrated and inspiring others. 2014 will be the 10th anniversary of the Awards – sign up to receive an email invite to submit your projects in the spring. Members have access to full case studies on all the winners.
- HELPING YOU MAKE HEADLINES: Need more exposure for your successful projects? You’ll see from our AMT in the press page that we can secure significant coverage nationally and regionally for our members’ successes.
- THE TOWNS ALIVE VIRTUAL COMMUNITY: Whether you’re on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn or all of the above, join us online to share your news and views and debate hot topics for towns.
Every year we ask our members how we’re doing. Here are some things our members said about us.
Membership starts at just £105 + VAT pa (see full details of membership fees).
- Sounds good? Fill in the form here to join us now!
- Want to know more? Call us for a chat on 01284 756567 to find out how membership would benefit your organisation.